Energy Matters is among Australia’s largest solar energy companies. It was founded in the year 2005 in Melbourne. Since then, it became its mission to be the country’s most outstanding supplier and installer of solar energy systems at a residential and commercial consumer level. Through this, the company commits to providing people a quality yet affordable power system to help alleviate the number of carbon emissions and at the same time lower the cost of electricity. As of the present, it has already installed more than 23,000 solar panels and counting.
Solar energy is considered today as of the most viable source for cleaner and greener electricity. The installation of solar systems enables the consumers not just to lessen its electricity billing and carbon footprint, but to become active participants in the renewable energy revolution too. Energy Matters makes this concept possible by providing the people means to a cheaper yet quality tested solar panel system suitable for every client’s needs. It is one of the companies in Australia that is duly accredited by the Clean Energy Council or CEC to install solar energy systems in various households and business establishments.
There are basically two main types of solar power systems: the grid connect and the off-grid connect. The Grid Connect installation requires the property to maintain a direct connection to the main power supply. Hence, battery storage is not necessary in this case. The system ensures the customer a constant flow of electricity regardless of the weather condition. On the other hand, the Off-Grid Connection also referred to as a stand-alone or remote power, is a type of installation that is totally separated from the main supply. Thus, having a battery bank for storage of the generated electricity is a must. This kind of system is particularly applicable for customers located in areas wherein the main grid is not available or the cost is likely too expensive to connect such as in the rural or outback regions of Australia.
Energy Matters also caters to medium-scale enterprises. The Commercial & Medium-Scale Solar provides a solar energy system installation for commercial enterprises or a community group. As long as a minimum of 200m2 of unobstructed and unshaded roof space is available, this type of solar power system could sufficiently deliver electricity from 10 kilowatts up to as much as multi megawatts.
The company further utilizes the energy derived from the rays of the sun by offering various innovations such as the Solar Hot Water System. The installation of a flat plate or an evacuated tube system will enable the users to save up to 75% from the water heating cost and most importantly, reduce the untoward carbon emissions too. Another is the Solar Hydronics/Thermal System. This method technically uses the water itself as a heat transfer medium to provide heating and cooling systems. Lastly, the Solar Water Pumping System is offered by Energy Matters commonly to farms and outback locations to help supply bore and surface-sourced water as such used in livestock, plants, and even human consumption.
Energy Matters is dedicated to providing residential, commercial, and even wholesale solar energy supply and storage solutions to consumers across Australia. It caters to most cities such as Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Hobart, and other regional areas including Gold Coast QLD, New Castle NSW, and Geelong VIC.
The cost of availing the services of Energy Matter basically depends on the client’s location, user size, and other specifics (Solar only, Solar + Battery, or Battery only). The table below illustrates the estimates for the typical household sizing:
1 – 2 people
2 – 3 people
More than 4 people
- Accessibility – The solar energy system itself is a huge investment. However, Energy Matters’ offers a wide range of services at an affordable price point. Thus, making solar power even more accessible for Australian consumers.
- Easy Monitoring – Electricity usage can easily be monitored as the numbers are conveniently reflected in the inverter. Furthermore, a mobile application is also available to help the users efficiently keep track of its consumption.
- Efficiency – The solar energy system obviously needs direct heat from the sun to get fully charged. Nevertheless, Energy Matters’ system is of the highest quality that even in cloudy weather it would still be able to deliver a sufficient amount of power.
- Poor After-Sales Service – Some customers reported that they had experienced difficulty, particularly from the after-sales customer service team. It was said to be either delayed or worse, no response was given at all. The timeframe of contact is set to be within 2 days as stated in the automatic email response. Nevertheless, it does not seem to follow in most cases.
- Delayed Installation – There were several customers who were dismayed as to the lengthy period of waiting before the solar energy system gets installed to the requested location. As reported, some claimed it took several weeks to months for it to be duly accomplished.
- Faulty Inverter Units – Several concerns were raised as to the quality of the inverter used. A number of clients reported that after a few months post-installation, the unit started to malfunction and broke. It was, however, replaced accordingly by the accredited technicians.
Energy Matters is a reputable company that widely opens the door for Australian customers to become involved in the renewable clean energy revolution by making it possible for the solar energy system to become more accessible and economical. Its varied array of services ensures that it can cater to the needs of every type of consumer from household to community and businesses in both on-grid and off-grid areas across different regions in Australia.